Sunday, March 15, 2009

Shards

Martha recommends you take all of your pots, empty the soil and put them away in the potting shed at the first sign of frost.  I don't do that.  In fact, I leave them out all winter with the sincere hope they will crack and break with the frost heaves that come with winter.  My plan?  I'm using pot shards (sharp side down, of course) to make a path over some weed block.  If I lived near the ocean, I would use seashells but I don't so here I am using shards from pots.  So, if you accidentally left out a pot that cracked and fell apart over the winter, send it my way!  The more colorful, the better.  It's like a mosaic only better.  It's not really a walking path so I'm not worried about anybody walking on it.  It's just an area between a fence and a raised bed that should get no traffic.  It's my attempt to make it slightly more interesting than just a weed free patch of area. 

No comments: