Saturday, June 21, 2008

Tote Your Vote

Just in case you haven't been to my Etsy shop in a little while, in a few short hours I'll be uploading the first "Tote Your Vote" bag. The bags will be $12.50, of which, $5 from EVERY "Tote Your Vote" bag sale will go directly to the Barack Obama Presidential campaign. Once I hit my $2300 personal contributer maximum I plan, right now, to stop selling the bags. Since contributions to the primary campaign and national campaign each have their own contribution maximums, I am starting over at $0 so I should be making and selling bags from now until November.

Tell your friends! Buy a bag! Voting and participating in the electoral process is one of the most patriotic things you can do. You're sending a message that the right to vote is not being taken for granted. It wasn't always this way, we didn't always have the right to vote, particularly those of us who are women and minorities.

Oh, and thanks Mom for the "Tote Your Vote" slogan. I'm going to use it ad nauseum or to the point it makes everybody sick, whichever comes first.

No comments: